WHY FOSTER A DOG?
When you foster you agree to take a homeless dog into your home and give him/her love, care and attention, either for a predetermined amount of time or until the dog gets adopted.
WHY DO RESCUES NEED A FOSTER?
- A rescue group doesn’t have a physical shelter and depends on foster homes to care for dogs until suitable homes are found.
- A puppy is too young to be adopted and needs a safe place to stay until he or she is old enough to go to a forever home.
- A dog is recovering from surgery, illness or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
- A dog is showing signs of stress such as pacing or hiding in the shelter.
- A dog has not lived in a home before or has not had much contact with people and needs to be socialized.
- The shelter is running out of room for adoptable dogs
WHY SHOULD I FOSTER A DOG?
Fostering a dog is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have (other than adopting, of course). By taking an animal in need temporarily into your home you’re:
- freeing up a spot so the shelter or rescue can take in another dog.
- giving your foster dog the time he needs to be ready for adoption.
- helping the shelter or rescue learn more about the dog so he can end up in the best home possible.
- socializing the dog to a home environment and possibly getting him used to being around other pets and different types of people.
Ana's Safe Haven is ALWAYS in need of fosters. We just can never have enough. Once we accept a dog, we are financially responsible for that dog so whatever you spend on him/her, we will refund you. The rescue will also cover all of the dog's vetting. If you are interested in fostering for our organization, please fill out the application below. We will get back to you as soon as we receive it. Thank you!!!